Omaha's BEST Kept Secret: West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel!

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Omaha's BEST Kept Secret: West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the beans on Omaha's BEST Kept Secret: West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel! And trust me, it's a wild ride of fluffy robes, questionable coffee, and the faint, lingering scent of… well, I'm not sure what, but it's certainly memorable.

First Impressions (and a Little Bit of a Rant):

Alright, so the whole "Hidden Gem" thing? Yeah, they're not kidding. Finding this place initially felt like a treasure hunt. Signage could use some work, let's just say that. I might have driven past it twice before realizing it was the unassuming building tucked away off the beaten path. (You know, the place that looks like it might be a hotel? Or maybe a really ambitious dentist's office? You'll see.)

But, the moment you walk through those doors… Well, okay, it was a bit underwhelming at first. Lobby's decent, classic, if a little… beige. The staff, however, are fantastic. Super friendly, genuinely helpful. Contactless check-in/out was a breeze, which, in this day and age, is a major win. They're clearly very well-trained in safety protocols, with hand sanitizer stations galore and everyone wearing masks. Makes you feel… well, not unsafe, which is a plus.

Accessibility, Baby! (Because Everyone Deserves a Good Stay):

Now, let's talk accessibility. This is where West Elkhorn actually shines. Wheelchair accessible? Absolutely. Elevator? Yep. They've got facilities for disabled guests that are actually designed for people, not token compliance. Bravo! And the exterior corridor situation? Great for ease of access, but maybe not so great if you're looking for total privacy (I caught someone's incredibly loud phone conversation about… well, I won't get into it).

Room Sweet Room (and the Minor Quirks):

Okay, the rooms. They're… comfortable. Clean. The air conditioning worked a charm, which is a MUST in Omaha summers. The beds are decent, the linens felt fresh. And, bless their cotton socks, they have blackout curtains. Praise be! You also get a nice desk and a laptop workspace, which is ideal for remote workers like me, though the Internet access – LAN was a bit wonky at times. But hey, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – a lifesaver.

The bathroom… well, let's just say the toiletries were basic, but functional. Additional toilet? Nope. Bathtub? Yes, and they included bathrobes! which is a win in my books. My room also included a hair dryer, ironing facilities, a mini-bar, safe box, mirror, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, telephone, towels, umbrella, a window that opens and wake-up service.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Good, The Bad, and the Coffee):

Food! Okay, this is where things get… varied. The restaurant offers both Western and Asian cuisine, and it's a mixed bag. The Asian breakfast (part of the buffet) was surprisingly good. The coffee? Let's just say it wasn't the highlight. Think… lukewarm and vaguely brown. Their happy hour is a definite plus, and the poolside bar makes for a lovely afternoon. Room service [24-hour] is available, but the menu is limited. The desserts in restaurant were heavenly.

Things to Do (or Not Do, That's Okay Too):

This is where West Elkhorn really lets you choose your own adventure. Got a need for speed? Fitness center, gym/fitness, swimming pool, swimming pool [outdoor], and a sauna – check, check, check, check! Want to relax? They've got a spa, even a spa/sauna with body wrap and body scrub. The pool with a view is gorgeous, especially at sunset. I spent way too much time just lounging by the pool with a good book. It was pure bliss. The steamroom was decent, if a bit dimly lit (perfect for a little existential pondering).

Cleanliness and Safety (Important Stuff, Obviously):

Okay, this is where West Elkhorn REALLY shows its commitment. They clearly take cleanliness seriously. Staff trained in safety protocol, daily disinfection in common areas, professional-grade sanitizing services, individually-wrapped food options; it's all there. You definitely feel safe here. They even offer room sanitization opt-out, which is both thoughtful and responsible.

Services and Conveniences (The Nitty-Gritty):

They offer all the expected services: daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, concierge, luggage storage, and cash withdrawal. They also have a convenience store for those late-night snack cravings. Meetings? Got them. Business facilities? Yup. Invoice provided? Absolutely.

For the Kids (Or the Young at Heart):

Babysitting service? Yes. Family/child friendly? Definitely. Kids meal is available.

The "Hidden Gem" Offer You Can't Refuse:

Okay, here's the deal. West Elkhorn might not be perfect. It's got a few quirks, some questionable coffee, and a location that requires a GPS (and maybe a prayer). But, it’s got heart. It's clean, safe, and accessible. The staff are genuinely wonderful. And the pool? The spa? Honestly, they're worth the price of admission alone.

Here’s the offer:

Book your stay at West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel and get:

  • A free upgrade to a room with a balcony (based on availability!).
  • Complimentary breakfast for two (excluding the questionable coffee, but hey, free is free!).
  • 20% off any spa treatment (because you deserve it!).
  • Free parking.
  • Guaranteed peace of mind with our extensive COVID-19 protocols.
  • And, for a limited time: A bottle of wine on arrival (because you've earned it after finding this place!).

Why should you book now?

Because this place is special. It's a real escape. And it’s a place where you can truly relax and unwind. Don't let the "hidden" part fool you. Get in on a secret. Book your stay at West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel today. You’ve survived the search, now it's time to thrive! (Plus, you really need a massage after all that driving, am I right?)

Parisian Paradise: Hotel Beauquartier Montmartre's Unforgettable Charm

Book Now

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Operation: Omaha - Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Breakfast Buffet (Maybe) - A Residence Inn Debacle (But in a Good Way?)

Pre-Travel Anxiety Bloat: Seriously, packing is the WORST. I swear, I always end up bringing five pairs of shoes I won't wear, a book I'll pretend to read, and enough emergency snacks to survive a zombie apocalypse. This trip? Omaha, Nebraska. My first thought: "Cornfields? Probably. Excitement level: Mild." My second thought: "Gotta make sure I pack a decent deodorant. You know, for… reasons." (Mostly because I sweat. A lot.)

Day 1: Arrival (And Judging the Room) - A Tale of Two Pillows.

  • 1:00 PM: Finally arrived at the Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn! Okay, first impressions? The exterior looks…beige. But hey, clean beige! That’s a win, right? The lobby has that generic hotel scent – a weird blend of air freshener and slightly stale coffee. Instantly made me crave coffee.
  • 1:30 PM: Room reveal! Success! It's clean, spacious (studio suite – fancy!). The kitchen area? Adorable, even though I probably won't cook anything beyond microwaving a frozen burrito at 2 AM. The bed…is it comfortable? Trial run Ah, the perfect bed. The pillows? Ah… the pillows are the enemy. One is flat but the other may be the perfect pillow I have been searching for my entire life.
  • 2:00 PM: Grocery run! I had grand plans of being a cultured traveler. I was going to scour local farmer’s markets! I was going to sample artisanal cheeses! But the reality? A quick trip to the nearby grocery store for chips, salsa, and a jumbo bag of gummy bears. Priorities, people. Priorities.
  • 4:00 PM Nap time I decided to take a nap after i got back from the grocery store. So i can be fresh for dinner
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local burger joint (name withheld to protect the marginally interesting). Okay, listen, this place was… fine. The burger was…burgery. (That's a word, right?) The fries were good, though. Really good. I spent far too long contemplating the philosophical implications of the perfect fry (crispy exterior, fluffy interior – you know the drill).

Day 2: Navigating the Breakfast Buffet and the Existential Dread of Blandness.

  • 7:00 AM: The dreaded…breakfast buffet. Okay, here’s the breakdown: it’s free. And it’s… abundant. Scary abundant. The options? Waffles (the real reason I booked this hotel), questionable scrambled eggs, sad little sausages, and fruit that looks like it's been through the apocalypse. But hey, at least there's coffee! Chugged coffee. The coffee was good. Thank god.
  • 8:00 AM: After the buffet, I was in shock from the food. The waffles saved my sanity and were delicious.
  • 9:00 AM: Went for a walk around the neighborhood. This area is charming…In it's own way.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. I went back to my room and ate my chips and salsa. Perfect match for me!
  • 1:00 PM: Movie day! Watched a movie at my hotel and finished all my snacks.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Some local friends took me to a fancy restaurant. The meal was amazing.

Day 3: The Cornfields Loom (Maybe) and Farewell (For Now).

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast buffet again. Okay, got the waffles down. I now have a system. Waffles, sausage, a small amount of fruit I pick through slowly, and a lot of coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: Checking out from the hotel.
  • 10:00 AM: Travel to a destination I can't disclose.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a roadside diner.
  • 4:00 PM: Return to the Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn in the late afternoon after a long drive.
  • 5:00 PM: Last minute souvenir shopping.
  • 7:00 PM: Packing. Ugh. This time, I actually wore the shoes.
  • Final Thoughts: Omaha, you were… Omaha. The Residence Inn was a reliable, non-judgemental home base. The breakfast buffet? A battlefield I mostly survived. Would I return? Maybe. But next time, I'm bringing my own darn pillow. And maybe, just maybe, I'll brave a farmer's market. Or at least buy some local honey. Honey. My sweet, sweet, existential comfort food. Farewell. Until next time, Omaha. Hopefully, I won't be judging you too harshly.
Milwaukee Downtown Escape: SpringHill Suites Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem: You HAVE Questions? I Have... Answers (Maybe)!

Okay, FINE, what *IS* this "Hidden Gem" you keep raving about? Seriously, I've lived in Omaha for, like, a decade!

Alright, settle down, Sherlock. It's the West Elkhorn Hotel, and it's... well, it's a *thing*. Imagine a place where the lobby smells vaguely of cinnamon and old books, the wallpaper might pre-date your grandma, and the staff is either incredibly friendly or... well, let's just say "unique." Frankly, I stumbled upon it by accident. I was *desperate* for a last-minute staycation after a truly epic work meltdown (don't even ask about the "Great Spreadsheet of Doom"), and this place popped up. Honestly, I'm glad I didn't think twice about it.

Is it... clean? Because, let's be honest, "hidden gem" can sometimes translate to "potentially haunted and infested."

Okay, *deep breath*. Clean? Let's say it has a certain... *vintage* vibe. Like, you can tell someone *tried* to clean, but maybe they were, I don't know, distracted by a particularly compelling episode of Matlock? The sheets *looked* clean, and the bathroom wasn't actively trying to murder me with mold. So, yeah, it's probably cleaner than my apartment after a particularly rough week, but don't expect pristine. Embrace the character! I'm being honest, not exactly glowing. But hey, the price is right. And it's definitely not going to be as pristine as some of the other hotels, some of the larger corporations. I'm just saying though, there is something charming about that imperfections, you know?

The Location. Where IS this place, exactly? Is it safe?

The West Elkhorn is, well, it's in West Elkhorn (duh), which is great, really. It's conveniently (or maybe inconveniently, depending on your perspective) close to a few restaurants, but you're mostly getting that classic Midwest suburban feel. Is it safe? Yeah, I felt safe. I mean, I wasn't wandering around at 3 AM, but during the day? Totally fine. It's not like you're in some, you know, crazy part of town. I mean if you're looking for bright city lights, this is not it, but if the quiet and the charm is what you're looking for, the West Elkhorn is that kind of place.

What are the rooms like? Are there any... amenities?

The rooms... well, they're rooms. They have beds (surprisingly comfortable, actually!), a TV (probably from the 90s, but whatever), and a bathroom (small, but functional). Amenities? Let's just say they're... *selective*. There's free Wi-Fi, which, let's be honest, is a modern necessity. And a continental breakfast. Which, I have to say, is where the "hidden gem" aspect might crumble a little. The coffee is... strong. And the pastries? Let's just say they're... of a certain age. But hey, it's free! And, there’s this old-fashioned charm about it all, you know? Like, it felt like a little time capsule, and I low-key loved it.

Okay, but the staff? You mentioned "unique..." Spill the tea!

Oh, the staff! This is where it gets good. The woman at the front desk, her name was Mildred, I think? She was a force of nature! Sweet as pie one minute, then giving you the stink eye for no reason the next. And she had this way of knowing everything that was going on. Like, the second I walked in, she asked if I was the one who had the "meltdown at the accounting firm." I was mortified, but also, strangely, impressed. She had this aura of knowing EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. It's like she was running the hotel, the neighborhood, and possibly the entire freaking city. It gave the place this real community vibe, you know? It's hard to describe, you really have to experience it; some people might find it eccentric, some might find it awkward... but I thought it was beautiful.

Is it good for families? Or is it more of a... romantic getaway kind of thing?

Hmm, family? Probably not, unless your family is *super* chill and appreciates a little retro charm. The rooms aren't huge, the pool (if there is one - I honestly didn't check) would probably be tiny, and, let's be honest, the continental breakfast is not exactly geared towards picky eaters. Romantic getaway? Maybe! If you and your significant other are into quirky, a little rough around the edges, and appreciate a good story, then, sure. It's more of the fun "We're at a weird and quirky place, let's laugh" kind of place, than the "candlelit dinner" place, you know?

Okay, you mentioned a "good story." Tell me a story!

Alright, brace yourself. I'm checking in, right? Mildread is at the front desk, and she's giving me the once-over that made me so self-conscious. And then, BAM! A guy walks in with a parrot on his shoulder. A freaking PARROT! The parrot was squawking, "Where's the coffee? Where's the coffee?!" And Mildred just sighs and hands the guy a key. No questions asked. Just... acceptance. The guy heads to the dining area, and the parrot, naturally, goes on to the counter and helps itself to the muffin. And Mildred? She just rolls her eyes and keeps working. I mean, I'd say it's a bit weird, but honestly? I've never seen anything like it, and that's what makes that place so special. It’s a place where parrots and their owners can just walk in and feel at home? It was weird, wonderful, and utterly unforgettable. That's the West Elkhorn in a nutshell!

So... overall? Is it worth it? Should I go?

Look. It depends. If you're expecting a five-star experience, you'll be disappointed. If you need perfect cleanliness, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for an adventure, something a little different, a place with character, and you want to support a place that just feels homey... then, yes. Absolutely. Go. Just... go in with an open mind, a sense of humor, and maybe some extra coffee. And tell Mildred I said hello. She'll probably remember me. I’ll be honest though, it’s a gamble. But hey, life is too short for boring hotels, right? And hey, maybe you'll even meet a talking parrot. You never know!

Book Hotels Now

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Residence Inn Omaha West Elkhorn United States

Post a Comment for "Omaha's BEST Kept Secret: West Elkhorn's Hidden Gem Hotel!"