Escape to Detroit: Your Cozy Southfield Red Roof Inn Awaits!

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Escape to Detroit: Your Cozy Southfield Red Roof Inn Awaits!

Escape to Detroit: Your Cozy Southfield Red Roof Inn Awaits! (Yeah, Really!) - A No-Holds-Barred Review

Alright, folks, let's be real. You're not exactly expecting the Ritz when you see "Red Roof Inn," are you? But hey, sometimes you just need a place to crash, somewhere safe, and preferably affordable while you're in the Detroit area, right? Well, buckle up, because I just survived a stay at the Southfield location, and honestly? It wasn't half bad. In fact, let's dive in, shall we?

Accessibility: Okay, first things first: Accessibility is a big win here. (Good start Red Roof!) They've got facilities for disabled guests, which is crucial. The elevator works – trust me, I checked – and while I didn't personally test the whole wheelchair situation thoroughly, the layout seemed genuinely accommodating. Important for anyone who needs it. Plus, the fact they actually mention it is a huge plus – many places don't.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Stuff That Actually Matters

Let's get to the important stuff. This is where Red Roof Inn Southfield really surprised me. They're taking COVID seriously. HUGE emphasis on hygiene certification, daily disinfection in common areas, and even professional-grade sanitizing services. My room felt… clean. Like, actually clean, not just surface-level-cleaned. They even have room sanitization opt-out available, which I appreciate! (I mean, come on, you're paying, you should get to choose.)

They've got hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere, and the staff is trained in safety protocol. I saw them wiping down the front desk, the elevator buttons…basically everything. Plus, there's CCTV both inside and outside the property. Good stuff. Plus, fire extinguishers are present.

And the anti-viral cleaning products? Well, I didn’t see them, but the effect was definitely there, and I’m kinda glad I didn’t see them, ya know? Knowing what goes into that stuff, it aint something I want to SEE.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: What’s on the Menu (and is it any good?)

Okay, here's the deal. This isn’t a culinary destination. They offer a breakfast takeaway service, so I grabbed a coffee and a muffin before heading out (it was decent, nothing to write home about). They don't have on-site accessible restaurants. The usual fast food suspects are nearby. But hey, it keeps the prices down, right? And there's a convenience store on-site, which is a lifesaver for late-night snacks and forgotten toiletries. They DO have an Asian breakfast and a vegetarian restaurant option (I didn’t see those). Also, I did have a bottle of water provided in my room.

Rooms: The Cozy Factor (or Lack Thereof)

Alright, let's talk rooms. Look, it's a Red Roof Inn. Don't expect a penthouse suite. But! My room was perfectly functional. It had air conditioning (thank goodness!), a comfortable bed, a desk to get some work done, and a TV with the usual satellite/cable channels. They even provided free bottled water.

Small but important details: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! The signal was strong, and I could actually get some work done. They also had Internet access – wireless which is another win, and the desk was a good size.

Okay, now for a bit of a rant. The hair dryer was the kind that would make even a blow-dryer-a-holic cry. Weak, pathetic, and barely warm. But hey, I survived. Also, the alarm clock was the standard "beep beep beep" of hotel hell, so bring your own if you actually need to wake up. The mirror was fine. Seating area? Okay, maybe a small chair. Coffee/tea maker? Yes, blessedly yes!

Services and Conveniences: The Things You (Sometimes) Need

They had some nice services. Daily housekeeping was impeccable. The staff was always friendly. And they offered laundry which proved to be a literal lifesaver since a certain someone (ahem, me) spilled coffee on my shirt. There's also luggage storage, which is clutch if you have an early flight or late check-out. They even have a cash withdrawal thingy and a safe deposit box.

Getting Around: Do You Have Wheels?

Free car park on-site! Thank you, Red Roof! Huge win. There's also taxi service available.

Things to Do: You're on Your Own…But That’s Okay!

Look, the hotel itself isn’t a destination. But you're in Southfield, which is pretty close to everything Detroit has to offer. The Henry Ford Museum, the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Motown Museum… all within a reasonable drive. Use the hotel as a base of operations, and you'll be golden. They do not have a pool or gym, spa or sauna.

Final Verdict… (and a little honesty)

Honestly? The Red Roof Inn Southfield is a solid choice. It's clean, safe, and affordable. It’s not fancy, but for the price, you get what you need: a comfortable place to sleep and shower. Yeah, the hairdryer sucked, but hey, life's full of compromises.

Here's the Deal: Your Escape to Detroit Awaits! (And It Won't Break the Bank!)

Alright, listen up! Are you planning a trip to the Detroit area? Need a clean, comfortable, and affordable home base? Then book your stay now at the Red Roof Inn Southfield!

Here's what you GET:

  • Peace of mind. Clean rooms. Focus on hygiene and safety.
  • Free Wi-Fi. Stay connected. Get your work done. Stream your favorite shows.
  • Free Parking. Ditch the parking fees.
  • Convenient Location. Easy access to all of Detroit's hottest attractions.
  • No Hidden Costs: No silly resort fees or unexpected charges.

But wait, there's more!

  • Flexible Booking: Book with confidence!
  • Amazing Value: Clean and comfortable stays that won't break the bank.

Don't delay! Book your escape to Detroit today! Click here [insert booking link] and get ready to explore the Motor City! This isn't just a hotel; it's your gateway to adventure (and a good night's sleep).

Quebec City's Hidden Gem: Hotel du Nord Awaits!

Book Now

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned, bullet-pointed itinerary. We're heading to the hallowed halls (well, maybe just the slightly-worn carpeted halls) of the Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit. And honestly? I'm already feeling a vague sense of…anticipation? Dread? It's a coin flip, folks.

Day 1: Arrival, Déjà Vu, and That Damn Microwave (Probably) - The Southfield Shuffle Begins

  • Afternoon (ish): Okay, so the flight (or drive, depending on how brave I'm feeling) landed/arrived. And my first impression? Southfield. It is Southfield, alright. You know the feeling? Like you've woken up in an slightly off-kilter parallel universe. Nothing's wrong, exactly, just…different. Finding the Red Roof Inn was a breeze, thankfully – Google Maps actually worked! Praise be.
  • Check-in Chaos (and the Friendly Desk Clerk): The lobby… well, let's just say it's got character. The desk clerk, bless her heart, seemed to have seen a lifetime of weary travelers. She was a pro, though, instantly got me through the check-in. Found my room, and the moment I opened the door, I was greeted by… that smell. You know the one. A mix of air freshener, stale cigarettes, and… well, Red Roof Inn. Comforting, in its own bizarre way.
  • Room Reconnaissance & the Microwave of Doom: Okay, the room. It's…functional. Two double beds that look vaguely inviting, a TV that probably works (maybe), and a microwave. Oh God, the microwave. I feel I can already predict the microwave's future. I will try and prepare a pre-made meal, it will take an hour, and will be slightly less than perfect (probably burnt). I immediately knew I was in business. Found the bathroom, the shower curtain looking like it was the previous tenants of the room and I'm already formulating a plan to scrub it like it offended me.
  • The Great Food Venture (and the Regret): Okay, hunger pangs are starting. I'm not feeling adventurous, so I quickly looked up a local place to quickly grab something. I'll try and find some sort of good take-out to take back to the glorious room. I should have brought snacks, but, alas, I live and learn.
  • Evening: The Television & the Deepest Sleep: Time to collapse, change the channel for a bit, and get in bed, but I feel that the glorious bed is calling me and I shall go. Because, for all its imperfections, a bed is a bed (especially when you’re exhausted). Lights out.

Day 2: The Detroit Exploration (Attempt) & The Breakfast Bar Blues

  • Morning (The Great Escape… Again!): This is where the magic happens… or is it? I'm going to try to get out of bed. The struggle is real, people. But I must press onward, because Detroit awaits.
  • Breakfast Bar Debacle: Ah, the complimentary breakfast. This is where the "adventure" really begins. I'm entering this buffet with trepidation. The coffee? Probably lukewarm. The eggs? Possibly rubbery. The cereal selection? Limited. But hey, it's included. It's free calories. That's my motto!
  • Detroit, Here I Come (Probably): Okay, plan is this: check out some landmarks, hit up the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), if I can…I'll try to go to a concert if luck is on my side. I'm envisioning myself as a cultured traveler. I'll return home with new insights and a cool t-shirt. Wish me luck.
  • Afternoon: The DIA (or the Parking Lot of the DIA?): Getting to the DIA… that may be a journey in itself. Did I mention I get lost easily? Also, traffic? Parking? I'm bracing myself for potential meltdowns. The DIA will be great.
  • Evening: Dinner and the Post-Adventure Crash: I'm exhausted. I need a big delicious meal and lots of sleep. If there are any hidden gems on the way back to the hotel hopefully I can see them.

Day 3: Departure (and the lingering scent of adventure)

  • Farewell Breakfast (and the final microwave sighting): One last go at the breakfast bar, one last glimpse of that microwave… I'm already strategizing.
  • Check-Out and the Long Road Home (or onwards!): I do a quick sweep for any forgotten items (I'm prone to leaving chargers behind). Check out is a breeze. And then… the drive. Or the flight. Whatever awaits.
  • Final Thoughts: The Red Roof Inn Southfield? Not exactly paradise. But it's a place, right? It's a base camp. It's where I experienced Southfield, smelled the air freshener, and probably overused that microwave. And honestly? It has a weird kind of charm. I'm already pondering my next adventure (maybe, just maybe, I'll even remember to pack snacks next time). I'll see you later Red Roof Inn. It was… interesting.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Vincent Boutique Suites, Valletta, Malta

Book Now

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Escape to Detroit: Your Southfield Red Roof Inn Adventure (or Disaster… maybe?) - FAQs

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. Because this ain't some glossy brochure. This is REAL. And yes, we're talking about the Red Roof Inn in Southfield. Here’s the lowdown, the messy truths, and my slightly unhinged opinions.

So... Why the Red Roof Inn, Southfield? Is it, like, a death wish?

Okay, fair question. Initially? Budget. Detroit’s hotels can be pricey, and let's be honest, sometimes you're just looking for a crash pad. Southfield's got this... *vibe* about it. Close enough to the city to be "in the action" but far enough to dodge the… *enthusiasm* of downtown on a Saturday night. Plus, the Red Roof Inn? It's *always* there, like that reliable friend who's always got a spare couch (even if it's a little lumpy).

Honestly, I went for a Tigers game and was on a shoestring budget as a broke college kid back in the day. So I booked it. Expecting... well, not the Ritz. And spoiler alert: I got exactly what I paid for. Comfort? Sub-par. Convenience? Absolutely. I'll never forget the time... Oh, right, answers.

Okay, but what's *actually* there? Like, amenities? Is there a pool? (Please tell me there's a pool… I'm desperate).

Alright, bracing myself for this one... The pool? *Sigh*. Nope. No pool. There *might* be a vending machine with questionable snacks and a coffee maker that brews something vaguely resembling coffee. Think of it as "rustic minimalism." (Or, as I like to call it, "barely adequate.")

I remember once, desperately needing coffee before heading downtown. Took a gamble on the coffee machine and boy, did it backfire. That stuff tasted like it was brewed in a rusty old tire. I think it might have added a few years to my life. The experience… Oh, it's etched into my memory alongside the questionable artwork in the lobby. (Abstract blobs. Truly.)

What about the rooms? Clean? Are we talking "prison cell" clean or… "surprisingly okay"?

Okay, honest time. "Prison cell clean" is a *slight* exaggeration. "Surprisingly okay," sometimes! It's a gamble, my friends. Look, you get what you pay for. Sheets? Probably washed. The carpet? ...Well, let's just say it's seen things. Bring your own slippers. And maybe a hazmat suit, just in case... (kidding! mostly.)

My advice: inspect everything immediately. And I mean *everything*. Check for… stowaways of the creepy-crawly variety. Had an incident one time where a mysterious… thing… scampered under the bed. Let's just say I slept with the lights on. And fully clothed. And with a baseball bat. (I'm a worrier, okay?).

What's the deal with the location? Is it safe? And how far is it from Detroit?

Southfield itself? Generally, it's alright. Like, you *probably* won't get abducted (probably!). Think of it as a suburban hub. Lots of office buildings, strip malls, and chain restaurants. The Red Roof Inn itself? Well, use your street smarts. Lock your car. Don't flash your cash. Common sense, people!

And the distance to Detroit? Depends on traffic (which is always a factor in Detroit). Maybe 20-30 minutes to downtown, barring any… *surprises* on the freeways. (The Lodge… don't even get me started. My blood pressure rises just thinking about it.) But I'd say it is worth it, in terms of money.

Once, trying to get to a concert downtown and ended up stuck in a monumental traffic jam. Ended up taking the *scenic route*… which basically involved a tour of every single pothole in the Detroit metro area. Arrived an hour late and slightly traumatized. But, hey, the Red Roof Inn was there, waiting like an old reliable friend, to comfort me in my misery.

Alright, alright. So, the room's are, um, "unique". What about the staff? Are they friendly, or are they the "seen some things" type?

The staff? They're… people. Some are friendly. Some are… well, they've seen some things. (Probably). You know, the kind who’ve dealt with everything from lost keys to… *more* than a few colorful characters checking in at 3 AM. Be nice. A little goes a long way, especially when you're dealing with the slightly… *chaotic* nature of the Red Roof Inn experience.

But, genuinely, I've had some lovely interactions with the front desk folks. One kindly soul, a woman named Agnes, always remembered my name and offered me an extra coffee bag one day when the machine was acting up. I think she saw the desperation in my eyes. (I'm a caffeine addict, what can I say?). And it was a small thing, but made all the difference in the misery of the morning. Good people, generally. You just got to remember that they are people.

Is it a 'party hotel'? Like, loud? Rowdy? Good for a quiet escape?

Oh, this is a huge variable. *Shuffles feet nervously.* It *can* be. It really depends on the day, the week, the phase of the moon. Weekends? Potentially rowdy. Weekdays? Generally quieter, unless there's some kind of convention in town. Good for a quiet escape? Maybe... bring earplugs. And a really good book. And maybe a drink. Or three. You'll need them.

The noise level can also depend on your neighbors, so your experience will vary. One time, there was a *significant* amount of karaoke going on in a room down the hall until about 2 AM, from what I could gather. It was bad. Really, *really* bad. Not just karaoke, but really, really bad karaoke. Like, tone-deaf whales mating in a garbage can bad. I think I developed a twitch. I considered calling the front desk, but I was too afraid to leave my room. So, yep, earplugs. Necessary.

Any other tips or warnings for a Red Roof Inn virgin?

Okay, LISTEN UP:

  • Pack essentials: Soap, shampoo (the stuff they provide is usually… disappointing), your own pillow, and a healthy dose of optimism.
  • Inspect EVERYTHING when you arrive:Jet Set Hotels

    Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

    Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

    Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

    Red Roof Inn Southfield Detroit (MI) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Detroit: Your Cozy Southfield Red Roof Inn Awaits!"