
Escape to Italy: Orlando's Most Stunning Hotel Awaits!
Escape to Italy: Orlando's "Most Stunning" Hotel? Let's Find Out! (My Messy, Honest, and Surprisingly Thorough Review)
Okay, so the ad copy promised “Orlando's Most Stunning Hotel” and the name practically screams la dolce vita. I'm talking about Escape to Italy, and let me tell you, I approached this stay with a healthy dose of skepticism… and a suitcase full of high hopes. Buckle up, because you’re getting the real deal, warts and all. I'm going to spill the tea on everything—even the questionable espresso.
First Impressions: Accessibility, and the (Mostly) Smooth Entryway
Right off the bat, I have to give them props for accessibility. They claim to be ready, and honestly, seem to mostly deliver. Wheelchair accessible is a huge win, and the elevators are a lifesaver (especially after a long day at whatever Orlando theme park you’re escaping from). I didn’t personally test every nook and cranny, but judging from the general layout, they’ve really thought about it. They even mention facilities for disabled guests! My only slight complaint as someone who's not fully disabled? The sheer amount of polished marble makes things slightly slippery; you've gotta watch your step, especially in the lobby. They mention CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, which, hey, makes me feel a little safer.
Internet: The Lifeline (Mostly) Reliable
Let's be real, in this day and age, internet access is a necessity, not a luxury. And Escape to Italy seems to know that. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a HUGE selling point, and I can confirm it actually worked! I used it for everything -- researching pizza places (priorities!), video calls with my mom (who needed to see my tan), and binging a guilty-pleasure show. They also offer Internet [LAN] but honestly, who uses that anymore? But if you are a Luddite, you're covered. And I'll give bonus points for Wi-Fi in public areas. It's convenient when you're waiting for a table at the restaurant. They also offer Internet services: which usually means help or a desk to use for printing.
Cleanliness and Safety: COVID-era Considerations
Okay, let's get real about the elephant in the room: COVID. They’ve got the right buzzwords. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, and they claim staff trained in safety protocol. I can't personally vouch for exactly how they're doing it, but the place felt clean. It's an important consideration since they note about room sanitization opt-out available. They tout sanitized kitchen and tableware items and offer individually-wrapped food options which I think is a great thing for ensuring the safety of guests. They also provide hand sanitizer which is a necessity.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where Things Get Interesting
This is where things got a little uneven, if I'm honest.
- Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants, with Varying Vibes: They have Restaurants, plural! And that's a good thing. There's an Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, which provides variety.
- Breakfast: A Tale of Two Buffets (and One Takeaway): Breakfast is a thing here. They offer a Breakfast [buffet] with a decent spread (though it can be a bit chaotic during peak hours). They also have Breakfast takeaway service, which is ideal if you're in a rush (or recovering from a very late night). They also offer breakfast in room.
- The Coffee Conundrum: Coffee/tea in restaurant is good and available is great -- and crucial for me. The coffee? Well, let’s just say it wasn’t exactly what I was hoping for. It fell short of the Italian dream, which is a HUGE bummer in a place that prides itself on its theme. (Pro-tip: Bring your own instant coffee stash.) They also have a Coffee shop, but I didn't explore it.
- Liquid Courage (and Snacks!): They have a Bar, Poolside bar, and a Snack bar. Happy hour? YES, PLEASE. The drinks were decent, and the pool bar is a great place to wind down after a long day of theme park madness.
- Room Service (24-hour): They do have Room service [24-hour]! This is a lifesaver, especially when you just want to crawl into bed with a pizza and watch bad TV.
Things to Do / Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams and Fitness Center Fiascos
Now, this is where Escape to Italy started to sing.
- Spa Sanctuary: The Spa/sauna is gorgeous. I indulged in a Body scrub and a Massage, and OMG, it was divine. The Steamroom and Sauna were the perfect places to unwind and just… exist. I definitely recommend the Spa.
- The Pool with a View: The Swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning. Picture this: you're lounging by the Pool with view, sipping a cocktail, and pretending you're on the Amalfi Coast (even though, let's be real, you're in Orlando).
- Fitness Center Fun (or Lack Thereof): They have a Fitness center! But let’s just say it’s not exactly state-of-the-art. The equipment is a little dated, but hey, at least it's there.
- Foot Bath: I'm intrigued. I didn't attempt it.
Services & Conveniences: The Nitty Gritty
They offer a ton of other services: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]. They offer a ton of things that are nice to have. Car power charging station is available!
For the Kids and Families: They also cater to families with Family/child friendly options. They have Kids facilities, and they offer Babysitting service, and even Kids meal options.
In-Room Awesomeness (and Minor Quibbles):
Okay, let's dive into the rooms themselves:
- The Good Stuff: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (retro!), Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The beds are comfy, the rooms are generally spotless.
- The Meh: I wish I had a better view.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfers available, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
The Verdict: Escape to Italy? Mostly a Yes!
Overall, Escape to Italy largely lives up to its promises. It's not perfect, but it's a solid choice. The spa is a highlight, the pool is beautiful, and the rooms are comfortable. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway in Orlando (and let's be honest, who isn't?), this is definitely worth considering.
My Honest Recommendation:
Book it! But temper your expectations a little. It’s not a perfect slice of Italy
Escape to Paradise: Crowne Plaza Zhoushan's Stunning Sea Views Await!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're doing Portofino Bay, and we're doing it real. Forget spreadsheets; this is a mental map, a chaotic symphony of gelato stains and existential dread about the next pool towel.
Universal's Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: My Own Private Italian Breakdown (with a splash of Orlando)
(Day 1: Arrival – Anticipation, Regret, and Questionable Pizza Choices)
1:00 PM - Arrival & "Grand Entrance" (aka, Luggage Meltdown): Okay, so the Portofino Bay is beautiful. Seriously, that harbor? You can practically smell the overpriced coffee and the desperation of people trying to look elegant while wrestling wheeled suitcases. My first impression? "Expensive! And will my kids survive this intact?" The bellhop, bless his heart, saw the chaos in my eyes. "Welcome!" he chirped. "You will love it! Now, about that luggage…? Let's start with that mountain over there…" (He pointed vaguely at a pile that looked suspiciously like everything I'd packed for a week.)
1:30 PM - Check-In & Hotel Room Reconnaissance: The check-in was smooth… too smooth. Like someone's about to hit me with hidden fees. The room! Gorgeous. Like, ridiculously gorgeous with a real view. The kids immediately declared it "their territory," which meant the beds were immediately launching pads for airborne stuffed animals. I, on the other hand, was already mentally tallying the cost of the mini-bar. (Spoiler alert: I didn't touch it.)
2:30 PM - Poolside Panic & the Quest for the Perfect Sun Lounger: The pools are beautiful, but the sun loungers? A real battleground. It's like the Hunger Games, but with more beige towels and aggressive tanning lotion application. I finally snagged one, strategically positioned near the bar (priorities, people!), and immediately spilled half a cocktail. Great start!
4:00 PM - Pizza Pilgrimage (or, "The Great Disappointment"): Okay, this is where things went south. I, fueled by visions of authentic Italian pizza, ordered from the hotel restaurant. The pizza? Let's just say it tasted less like Naples and more like a frozen grocery store find. Major letdown. I contemplated a full-blown rant, but then remembered I was paying premium prices for the privilege of disappointment, and swallowed my feelings (and the slightly-too-salty crust).
6:00 PM - "Harbor Walk" & Existential Dread: Walking along the harbor at dusk is supposed to be romantic, right? For me, it was a time to reflect on all the money I'd already spent and the potential for disaster that awaited me in the theme parks. I swear, I could feel the impending meltdowns happening in the future.
7:30 PM - Dinner at Mama Della's & Slightly Improved Outlook: Okay, Mama Della's saved the day. The atmosphere was warm and inviting (finally!), and the food was actually pretty good. I ordered the Pasta, and it was so much better than the pizza. We listened to the live music (a slightly cheesy, but endearing, Italian-American duo) and relaxed a little. Maybe this trip won't be a complete train wreck after all!
(Day 2: Theme Park Mayhem (or, "Where Dreams Go to Sweat")
7:00 AM - Wake-Up Call & the Pre-Park Panic: The kids were up at dawn, fueled by pure adrenaline and the promise of roller coasters. I, on the other hand, was fueled by regret and the faint smell of overpriced coffee. I contemplated calling for room service, but then remembered the mini-bar… and skipped it.
8:00 AM - "Early Park Admission" & the Head Start Advantage: The hotel offers early park admission! Hooray! We sprinted (okay, waddled) towards the gates… only to discover that everyone else had the same brilliant idea. Still, a head start is a head start, right?
9:00 AM - Rollercoaster Rampage & Emotional Rollercoaster: We rode everything! The Velocicoaster, the Hulk Coaster, the Revenge of the Mummy. I screamed. The kids screamed. It was glorious, terrifying, and utterly exhausting all at once. My stomach started protesting violently with each loop-de-loop.
12:00 PM - Lunch at a Theme Park Restaurant & the Price of Everything: We ate lunch and the prices were so high. We were charged more for the cheese burger and fries than the pizza in the hotel restaurant. Everything looked delicious. The burgers, fries, and salads.
2:00 PM - The Great Escape from the Heat (and the Crowds): We had to get out of the heat. I love the water rides but they were so crowded. It felt so good to get back to the room.
4:00 PM - Poolside Relaxation (Round Two) & The Art of Napping: Back to the pool! I found a lounger that wasn't in direct sunlight and promptly fell asleep. The kids terrorized other guests with water guns. I woke up feeling refreshed and slightly sunburned.
6:00 PM - Dinner at the hotel & another pizza disappointment… I thought I would try again. Nope. This is going to be a trend.
8:00 PM - The Night's Finale.. Back to the room and collapse into bed. I was so tired.
(Day 3: Departure (or, "The Triumphant (and Slightly Broke) Return")
7:00 AM - Breakfast & the Final Mini-Bar Appraisal: Okay, I almost cracked and drank something. But I didn't. Victory!
8:00 AM - Final Stroll & Goodbye Hugs for the Hotel: One last walk around the harbor, one last wistful gaze at the pool. I started to feel sad about leaving.
9:00 AM - Check-Out & The Luggage Dance (Again): The check-out was easy. Tipping the bellhop (who remembered us, bless him).
10:00 AM - Head to the airport…
(Final Thoughts:
Portofino Bay is an experience. It's beautiful, it's expensive, and it's utterly chaotic with kids. The pizza is a tragedy, but the pools are amazing. And despite all the ups and downs, and the slight financial ruin it brought upon us, I'd do it again. Because, hey, memories. And somewhere down the line, I might even laugh about the pizza. Maybe.
P.S. – Pack extra sunscreen, a good book (you’ll need it for the lines), and a healthy dose of humor. You'll need it, trust me.
Unbelievable Springfield Getaway: Fairfield Inn & Suites Awaits!
Okay, so... Escape to Italy. Is it *actually* escaping? 'Cause Orlando and escape don't exactly scream "remote Tuscan villa," you know?
What's the *food* situation? Because if I'm escaping to Italy, I expect carbs and cheese, baby. Can they deliver?
The *rooms*! Are they actually fancy? Do I need to pack my tiara?
Is the pool area any good? Swimmable? Pretty? Because I'm a sucker for a pretty pool.
Okay, spill. What activities *are* there? Besides eating pasta and pretending you're not in Florida.
The *service*... Is it actually Italian, or just a tourist trap with smiles?
Worth the price tag? Be honest!


Post a Comment for "Escape to Italy: Orlando's Most Stunning Hotel Awaits!"