Marietta's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (Atlanta Northwest)

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Marietta's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (Atlanta Northwest)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Holiday Inn Express in Marietta, Georgia (Atlanta Northwest, if you're fancy). Forget the sterile hotel reviews – this is the real deal, warts and all. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, scattered thoughts, and maybe even a touch of existential dread… you know, the usual.

First Impressions and the Pre-Check-in Jitters:

Okay, so I'm driving up, and you know, Marietta looks… well, Marietta. Not exactly Vegas, but hey, it's got its own charm. The hotel itself is a slightly imposing brick number, your standard Holiday Inn Express exterior. Parking? Yes, free parking! Hallelujah! That's a solid win right there. I hate paying for parking. Seriously, it’s the bane of my existence.

Accessibility: A Score of… Well, It's Complicated

The website claims accessibility, and they list things like elevators and facilities for disabled guests. But let’s be honest, until you’re actually in the hotel and needing those adjustments, you're still taking a leap of faith. I didn't personally need anything special, but I always pay attention to this stuff. Bottom line: Check with the hotel directly about your specific needs. Don't just trust the website copy!

Checking In: The Human Factor & Contactless (Maybe?)

They've got the whole "contactless check-in/out" thing going, which is great in theory. But, let's be real, sometimes you just want a person. Especially after a long drive and your brain is scrambled. I encountered a friendly receptionist who was actually pretty good at her job. No awkward technology glitches, no soul-crushing small talk. Smooth sailing! Points for that. And, this is just a feeling, not a verified fact, but it seemed like they actually were trying to follow the Covid safety stuff. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks… good signs.

The Room: Comfort, Cleanliness, and… The Window That Opened!

The room… ah, the room. Let's be real, a hotel room is basically a temporary prison designed for comfort. The good news? It was clean. Like, really clean. Anti-viral cleaning products? Who knows, but it felt clean. I'm a germophobe, so it's a big win for me.

  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (phew!), Alarm clock (do people still use those?), Bathrobes (didn't see any personally.) Bathroom phone (seriously?!), Bathtub (yes!), Blackout curtains (blissfully dark!), Carpeting (standard hotel carpeting, which, let's be honest, probably holds secrets), Closet, Coffee/tea maker (thank goodness!), Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping (thank you, overworked hotel staff!), Desk (functional!), Extra long bed (yes! I'm tall!), Free bottled water (score!), Hair dryer (essential!), High floor (nope, but I don't care), In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN (huh?), Internet access – wireless (YES!), Ironing facilities (always a plus!), Laptop workspace, Linens (clean, and not scratchy!), Mini bar (nope), Mirror, Non-smoking (thank the heavens!), On-demand movies (didn't check), Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (never!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers (alas, no), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed (crucial!), Sofa, Soundproofing (mostly worked!), Telephone, Toiletries, Towels (fluffy!), Umbrella (didn't see one.), Visual alarm, Wake-up service (didn't need), Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens! (THIS IS AMAZING!)

Okay, let’s talk about the window that opened. Seriously. A window that opened! In the age of sealed-up, climate-controlled boxes, this is a game-changer. I mean, I threw that window open and let the sweet Georgia air (smoggy, but still air) waft in. It made the whole room feel less… hotel-y. More like a… room. It was a small thing, but it made me ridiculously happy.

Internet: The Lifeblood of the Modern Traveler

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually worked! I repeat: IT ACTUALLY WORKED! No frustrating buffering, no dropped connections. They also claim "Internet access – LAN”. Meh. Who uses LAN anymore? Wi-Fi is your lifeblood, and Holiday Inn Express delivers.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Pursuit of Calories

  • Breakfast [buffet] The breakfast… it was classic. Waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, the whole shebang. Not gourmet, not life-changing, but perfectly adequate for stuffing your face before a day of… well, whatever you're doing in Marietta. The coffee was… coffee. Not great, not terrible. I've had worse. Way worse. One minor gripe: the layout felt a little chaotic. It's like they just shoved all the food into a corner.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: See above.
  • Snack bar: Didn’t see a dedicated snack bar, but the convenience store downstairs had some options.
  • Restaurants: Restaurants: Nada. Gotta head out.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Nope.
  • Poolside bar: Oh wait… there is a pool! But no poolside bar.

The Amenities: Pools, Gyms, and the Promise of Pampering (or Lack Thereof)

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: They had a pool! It looked… a bit underwhelming from my window, but it was open. It would do for a quick dip, no doubt.
  • Fitness center: Small, but functional. I didn't work out, because, you know, vacations. But it looked like the kind of gym where you could get a decent sweat in.
  • Spa/sauna: No spa. No sauna. My dreams of being pampered were dashed.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Covid Reality Check

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Who knows? But it FELT clean.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Seemed to be happening.
  • Hand sanitizer: Yep, everywhere.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Hopefully.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed to be. They were wearing masks!
  • Hot water linen and laundry washing: That’s standard.
  • Hygiene certification: Didn’t see any signage.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Mostly.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Mostly enforced.
  • Safe dining setup: See Breakfast section.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax – or not):

They don't really have a whole lot of stuff in the hotel. But as I’m sure you know, Marietta is close to a bunch of stuff. I hear Six Flags is near. But you know, I'm not the roller coaster type.

Service and Conveniences: The Little Extras That Matter (or Don't)

  • Air conditioning in public area: Yep.
  • Business facilities: Didn't use 'em.
  • Concierge: Nope.
  • Convenience store: Very convenient – for snacks.
  • Daily housekeeping: Excellent.
  • Doorman: Nope.
  • Dry cleaning: Nope.
  • Elevator: Yes.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities: Didn’t see any meetings.
  • Laundry service: Nope.
  • Luggage storage: Probably.
  • Safety deposit boxes: Probably.

For the Kids:

  • Family/child friendly: Seems fine.
  • Kids facilities: Nada, but it seemed safe and the staff were nice.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer: No.
  • Car park [free of charge]: YES!
  • Car park [on-site]: Yep.
  • Taxi service: Probably.

The Verdict: My Brain After Several Days in The Holiday Inn Express (Atlanta Northwest)

Look, this isn't the Four Seasons. It's a Holiday Inn Express. But it's a good Holiday Inn Express. Clean, comfortable, with a friendly staff. The free Wi-Fi is a lifesaver. The window that opens? A small act of hotel revolution. The breakfast is fine. It’s not going to blow your socks off, but it's a solid option for a road trip stopover or a budget-friendly stay in Marietta.

The Offer: Book Your Marietta Escape (and maybe open a window!)

Here’s the Deal:

Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express (Atlanta Northwest) using code "OPENAIR" and receive:

  • 10% off your room rate!
  • Complimentary late check-out (subject to availability)!
  • A voucher for a free cup of coffee at the breakfast buffet! (because adulting is hard, and
Nagpur's BEST Hospitality: Unbeatable Service & Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. We're going full-on, slightly-manic, truth-telling traveler here. We're talking Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest. Marietta, Georgia. Population: me, for a few glorious days. Let's see if I survive. (Spoiler: probably.)

The "Oh God, I Need a Vacation (But My Life Isn't Glamorous)" Itinerary: Marietta Mayhem

Day 1: Arrival and… Regret? (Or Maybe Just Mild Disappointment)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at HIE Marietta. Okay, first impressions. The lobby… it's… a lobby. Beige. Carpet that's seen things. Maybe I'm being harsh. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Check-in is smooth, though. The front desk guy is clearly a seasoned pro. "Welcome to Marietta!" he chirps. Bless his heart. I can't muster more than a tired nod.
  • 1:30 PM: The room! Okay, it's… functional. Two double beds (score! Extra surface area for my stuff!), a TV that probably still works (fingers crossed), and a view of… well, the parking lot. Ah, the romance of budget travel. Settle in, unpack the things I unpacked from other bags that I then unpacked to make new ones, and decide if I'm hungry, or if I'll just sit. The latter won.
  • 3:00 PM: The Pool! Oh, wait. It's closed for maintenance. Of course. Murphy's Law, people. Murphy's Law. Sigh. Channel my disappointment into a rambling blog entry about the state of hotel pools. This could be good, or it could be the downfall of my sanity. Only time (and the terrible Wi-Fi) will tell.
  • 4:00 PM: I realized I'm starving. And haven't left the room. Uber Eats to the rescue! Order some greasy fried chicken. Judge myself harshly for the decision. Just remember that food is fuel. Fuel for… existing. It arrives. It’s glorious.
  • 6:00 PM: Attempt to venture out. Decide against it. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe I'll be a real tourist. Tonight, I'm just… a lump. Watch the TV. Fall asleep.

Day 2: History, Hysteria, and Hopefully, Hot Breakfast

  • 7:00 AM: The promised land! Breakfast! This is a make-or-break moment. Hotel breakfasts are either life-affirming experiences or existential crises on a waffle iron. I venture down.
    • 7:15 AM: Waffle machine! Score! Attempt to be the best waffle decorator (fruit with syrup).
    • 7:30 AM: Disappointment. The eggs… are… well, let's just say they exist. The coffee, however, is a life-saver. Bottomless.
  • 9:00 AM: Explore the Marietta Square. This is where the "tourist" part kicks in. Actually, it's a nice spot. The architecture is charming (give or take a few chain stores), and there’s a decent coffee shop (hallelujah!). Wander. Take pictures of stuff. Pretend to be cultured.
  • 10:00 AM: The Gone With The Wind Museum. Okay, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I LOVE “Gone With The Wind.” So I went. The museum itself is slightly… creaky. Like, the kind of creaky that feels like the exhibits haven’t been updated since the movie premiered. Still, the costumes! The props! That’s the stuff that had me mesmerized.
    • 11:30 AM: Lunch at a local restaurant (The Marietta Diner) Oh. My. Gawd. A diner. The size of a small airplane hanger. A menu that could feed an army. I ordered all the things. This is maybe the best part of the trip so far.
  • 1:00 PM: Drive around. Get a little lost. Realize I have no sense of direction. Embrace it! Wander the neighborhoods, get a feeling for the place. The architecture is beautiful, and the whole town feels like it's got this quiet, slightly spooky Southern grace.
  • 3:00 PM Back to the hotel. Nap. because I’m old.
  • 6:00 PM: Tonight, the plan is to grab dinner. But first, another assessment of whether going outside is worth the effort.

Day 3: Departure and Deep Questions (and Hopefully, More Sleep)

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast Round 2. Same deal as yesterday. Waffle. Coffee. Eggs. (The eggs are still… eggs.)
  • 9:00 AM: Some last-minute souvenir shopping. Because I haven't gotten anything yet, and how will people know I was really here?
  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Give the tired front desk person a genuine smile this time. They deserve it.
  • 10:30 AM: Head to the airport. Reflect on the trip. Did I actually do anything? Probably not. Was it relaxing? Maybe. Did I eat enough fried chicken? Absolutely not.
  • 12:00 PM: On the plane. Goodbye, Marietta. You were… interesting. I’ll probably be back someday. Maybe with a better sense of direction. And a stronger appreciation for hotel coffee.
  • In the near future: Back to the real world. Begin planning the next escape. The cycle continues.

Post-Trip Ramblings (Because I Can't Help Myself):

This trip wasn't perfect. I didn't see everything. I definitely ate more fried food than I should have. But that's the point, isn't it? Life is messy. Travel is messy. Hotels are occasionally beige. And sometimes, all you need is a waffle and a little bit of quiet.

I award Marietta… a solid B+. Would visit again. Perhaps when the pool is open.

Escape to Coastal Bliss: Charming 3-Bed Cottage in Ludchurch, Pembrokeshire

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta (Atlanta Northwest): The Good, the Bad, and the Surprisingly Beige! (An FAQ That's Probably Too Long)

So, is this Holiday Inn Express *actually* the "best" in Marietta? The hype... is it real?!

Okay, let's be real for a sec. "Best" is always subjective, right? My "best" might be a slightly less moldy room and free breakfast. Generally, I'd say… *it's pretty good*. It's definitely a solid choice. Marietta's not exactly overflowing with luxury hotels, you know? This one? Dependable. Cleanish. Breakfast-y. But "best" as in, "I'm going to write sonnets about the experience"? Nah. Unless those sonnets are about the eternal struggle to get the waffle maker to cooperate. Which, by the way... it’s a *battle*. More on that later.

Let's talk rooms. What's the lowdown on the accommodations?

Alright, room situations. I've stayed here a few times, and there’s a definite "room lottery" situation. Some rooms are… perfect. Sparkling, updated, the kind you think, "This is the pinnacle of chain hotel design!" Then there are the others. You know, the ones that have a faint smell of… history. Possibly mildew. One time, I swear, the air conditioning sounded like a disgruntled robot slowly dying. And the bathroom! The grout was… let's just say, it knew things. Things I didn't want to know. But hey, clean sheets and a comfy bed are the real win, and usually...they deliver on that front. Mostly. Oh! And the view. Don’t expect much. Parking lot extravaganza, baby!

And the breakfast? The *legendary* Holiday Inn Express breakfast? Spill the beans! (Or the scrambled eggs, at any rate).

Alright, the breakfast. This is where we get into the *heart* of the experience. The waffle maker... *the waffle maker*. It is a siren song, a delicious, crispy challenge. Some mornings, it’s a glorious dance of perfectly golden waffles. Other mornings? You're wrestling with a rebellious beast that somehow *always* manages to burn the first waffle. Every. Single. Time. Seriously. It's a ritual. The eggs are... well, they're eggs. A bit rubbery, usually. The sausage links are… I’d say "serviceable." The cereal selection is pretty standard. But the *atmosphere*! The communal caffeine buzz, the quiet desperation of the early risers, the kids running around like caffeinated banshees… it’s a whole scene, and I secretly kind of love it. Just remember, the coffee refills are *essential*. Also, the little cinnamon rolls? Grab a few. No regrets.

What about the service? Are the staff friendly?

Generally, yes. The front desk folks are usually pretty chill. Efficient. They've seen it all. Probably including me, stumbling in at 2 AM after a disastrous networking event, muttering about burnt waffles and the existential dread of the business world. (Okay, true story). They didn’t bat an eye. Kudos to them. There was one time, though… there was this one guy. He made me feel like I was inconveniencing him by existing. But those are the exceptions. Overall, they're professional and helpful. And hey, a smile goes a long way, and they usually have them.

Okay, the location. How's the accessibility? Is it close to anything interesting?

Location, location, location! This is where the Holiday Inn Express Marietta gets a big thumbs up. It’s near the 75, so you can escape. Seriously… escaping Atlanta can be a godsend. You're also close to the Marietta Square, which is charming. Lots of cute shops, restaurants, and the occasional Civil War re-enactment (true story!). There's a bunch of chain restaurants and stuff right nearby, too. Super convenient. Parking is easy. So, yeah. Accessible. Which is pretty darn important when you're half-asleep and hangry for waffles.

Let's go deeper: What's the *vibe* of the Holiday Inn Express Marietta? What kind of experience can I expect?

Okay, the *vibe*. This is where things get… *intriguing*. It’s not the Ritz-Carlton, folks. This is a solid, reliable, slightly beige experience. It’s… predictable. Comfortably predictable. You know what you're getting. It’s the kind of place where you see families on road trips, business travelers glued to their laptops in the lobby, and people who are just… passing through. It’s a slice of everyday life. One time, I saw a guy in his pajamas, desperately trying to get the vending machine to give him a bag of chips. That’s the kind of vibe we're talking about. It's… real. It's human. And sometimes, that’s exactly what you need. It's not going to change your life, but it'll probably get you a hot shower and a semi-edible breakfast before you head out.

Do they have a pool and/or a gym? Because, let's be honest, I'm trying to fit in some exercise (or at least *pretend* to).

They *do* have a pool! It’s… a pool. Nothing fancy. Always seems a bit chilly, at least in my experience. I’ve never actually *used* it, because, let's be real, I’m more of a "sit on the couch and watch TV" kind of vacationer. But it *exists*. The gym? Yes, they do! It's small. Usually has at least one stationary bike and a treadmill. And maybe some free weights. The equipment is… functional. I’d say it's good enough to get a quick workout in if you *really* feel guilty about eating all those cinnamon rolls. (I don’t judge). Just don't expect a full-blown fitness center. That’s my experience, anyway.

Any major issues or things to be wary of? Spill the tea!

Okay, the biggest issue, and this is a common one with many hotels, is the noise. Depending on your room location, you *might* hear the traffic from the highway. Or the occasional late-night revelers. Or… well, you get the idea. Bring earplugs. Seriously. I’m a light sleeper, so I know this from personal experience. Another thing to watch out for (and this is a pet peeve of mine)...Hotel Adventure

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Holiday Inn Express Marietta - Atlanta Northwest By IHG Marietta (GA) United States

Post a Comment for "Marietta's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (Atlanta Northwest)"