Sidney, OH's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Perks!

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Sidney, OH's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Perks!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the secret world of Sidney, Ohio's Days Inn. Forget the glitz and glam of a five-star resort, this is about real travel, the kind where you're actually in the town, not just orbiting it. And trust me, after a recent stay, I've got some opinions about this place. Let's call this, "Days Inn: The Good, The Okay, and the 'Did I REALLY see that?'"

SEO Keywords: Sidney OH Hotels, Days Inn Review, Ohio Travel, Affordable Hotels, Accessible Hotels, Free Wi-Fi, Sidney Ohio Attractions

Alright, let's get into it…

Days Inn Sidney: More Than Just a Room (…Sometimes)

First things first: Accessibility. Listen, I'm not using a wheelchair myself, but I do appreciate a hotel that's thoughtfully set up. The Days Inn, in terms of access, is… decent. They've got an elevator, which is a HUGE win. Not every budget-friendly place does. Facilities for disabled guests are mentioned, but I didn’t have a specific need, so I can't vouch for their thoroughness. But the fact that they're trying is a good sign. The exterior corridor setup makes it easy to get around - you ain't stuck in endless hallways.

Internet access? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! And, hallelujah, it worked! My biggest pet peeve is paying for Wi-Fi that's slower than dial-up. Thankfully, this was a solid connection. I’m a digital nomad, so this is my bread and butter - or, in this case, my breakfast and dinner. Internet access – LAN is noted, but who uses LAN cables anymore? Unless you're running a server farm in your hotel room, it's probably irrelevant.

Now, let's get into the nitty-gritty.

Room Rundown: Comfort vs. Quirks

My room… was… a room. Okay, here’s where we need the honesty factor. It’s not the Ritz. But, it had the essentials. Air conditioning? Check. Desk? Check. Coffee/tea maker? Check! (Though the coffee tasted suspiciously like slightly flavored water. Bring your own, folks!) Daily housekeeping? Indeed. The linens were surprisingly clean. The blackout curtains helped me sleep in. Though, the way they were hung, I swear a sliver of light still peeked through, like a judgmental sunbeam mocking my need for sleep. The bed? Eh, it’s a bed. Not the worst I've slept on, not the best. Extra long bed is mentioned - good if you're a giraffe.

Also, a refrigerator, mirror, and a microwave were welcome additions. I'm a sucker for leftovers, and a fridge in the room means I can eat out less and stay on budget. There's a safe (I didn't use it) and a hair dryer. The bathroom was small, and the toiletries were the generic, "one size fits all" kind, but hey, at this price point, what did I expect? I did appreciate the slippers, though. A nice touch.

Non-smoking rooms? Yes, thankfully. Soundproof rooms are claimed, but let me tell you, I definitely heard the ice machine clanking and the occasional car alarm during the night.

Food, Glorious, Questionable Food

Dining, drinking, and snacking: This is where things get interesting. Breakfast buffet is advertised… I'm not gonna lie, it was the weakest part of the experience. The breakfast service? It's there. Western breakfast? That's what they're aiming for… Coffee/tea in restaurant? Yep. (See above re: coffee quality.) There's a snack bar - I didn't explore that. A restaurant is mentioned, but it's… the breakfast area? I’m not completely clear. The hotel isn’t winning any Michelin stars, but there are plenty of options within a short drive.

Restaurants are nearby. I didn't eat at the hotel itself outside of the breakfast, so I can’t fully judge.

Amenities and Extras: The Little Things That Matter (Sometimes)

Let's look at the things that, frankly, I didn't try. The fitness center - I glanced at it through the window. It looked functional, but not inspiring. There's a swimming pool [outdoor]. Didn't check it out, didn’t notice anything special. There's a business center, but I didn't require it. Meeting/banquet facilities are available, but I was there solo. They also have facilities for disabled guests.

Services and conveniences: They had good daily housekeeping, which is important. Cash withdrawal is possible, good to know. Concierge mentioned, but felt more like a front desk clerk. They have dry cleaning (for those traveling with a tuxedo, apparently). There's a convenience store, which is always handy for snacks and forgotten essentials. Laundry service is another plus. Luggage storage is available, which is useful. Free car park [on-site]. I'll give them points for that!

Cleanliness and safety: This is crucial, especially now. They mention Anti-viral cleaning products, Hand sanitizer, and Daily disinfection in common areas, but I couldn't see them being used, so I just had to trust the claims. They have First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and CCTV in common areas.


The BEST Kept Secret: Hidden Gems in Sidney

Okay, let's get away from the hotel for a second and talk about Sidney, Ohio and the reasons someone might book here!

  • The Scenic Route to Adventure: This isn't a destination city, but think of it as a hub for exploring the surrounding area. This is your gateway to somewhere more interesting, as well as just a place to rest for the night. There's a nice little downtown too, which is worth exploring.
  • Affordability Reigns Supreme: Let's be real, you're probably here because you're looking for a decent, cheap place to crash. That's what the Days Inn delivers.
  • Proximity to Things: It's relatively close to major highways, making it easy to get in and out. A big plus if you're on the road.

My "Days Inn" Anecdote: The Towel That Spoke Volumes

Okay, real talk. One morning, I went to take a shower. I grabbed a towel. And then I looked closer. The towel had a… a slight discoloration. A stain. Not a huge one, not disgusting, but noticeable. I didn't call the front desk, I'm not that picky. But in a strange way, that towel summed up the whole experience. It wasn't perfect, there was a little imperfection, but it was clean enough, good enough, and did the job. It reminded me that I wasn't staying at a luxury hotel, but here, in this town, traveling in real life -- and that's ok.

The Final Verdict: Should YOU Stay at the Days Inn Sidney?

(This is where I put on my brutally honest hat.)

If you're looking for luxury, spa treatments, and gourmet food, run, don't walk, in the other direction.

However…

If you're on a budget, need a clean and affordable place to sleep after a long day on the road, a quick overnight, or a base for exploring the area, the Days Inn is a perfectly acceptable option. It’s straightforward, it’s not fancy, but it gets the job done. Just temper those expectations.

My honest opinion? It’s a solid 3 out of 5 stars. It's not going to blow your socks off, but it won't give you nightmares either. It's… fine. And sometimes, "fine" is really all you need.


Days Inn Sidney, OH - Book Now & Discover!

Tired of overpriced hotels? Craving a budget-friendly basecamp for your Ohio adventures? Look no further than the Days Inn of Sidney! Experience comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a convenient location, all without breaking the bank.

Why Book with Us?

  • Accessibility Matters: Enjoy ease of access with an elevator and facilities for disabled guests, ensuring a comfortable stay for everyone.
  • Stay Connected: Never miss a beat with FREE Wi-Fi that actually works!
  • Clean & Safe: We pride ourselves on our commitment to cleanliness and safety, with rigorous safety measures, including anti-viral cleaning, and staff trained in safety protocol.
  • Explore Sidney & Beyond: Discover nearby attractions! Our hotel is a launchpad to adventure in Western Ohio.
  • Budget-Friendly: We offer fantastic value without sacrificing comfort.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Apartment in Almuñécar Awaits!

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because here's the definitive (and probably slightly chaotic) travel log of my recent whirlwind stay at the Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney, OH. Prepare for some realness, some rambling, and maybe a tear or two (mostly over the continental breakfast).

Day 1: Arrival and the Unblinking Eye of the Surveillance System

  • 1:00 PM: Landed, exhausted, from…somewhere. Don't even ask. Ohio. That's all you need to know. Checked into the Days Inn. The lobby, a comforting blend of beige and slightly-too-bright fluorescent lights. The front desk lady, bless her heart, had the weary smile of someone who'd seen things. Like, a lot of things.
  • 1:15 PM: My room. Ah, the blessed room. Standard Days Inn fare but with a window that might have faced something other than a brick wall (score!). The remote? Tested and approved. Crucial.
  • 1:30 PM: Discovered the sheer, unblinking omnipresence of security cameras. Seriously, I swear they follow you to the vending machine and back. Makes you feel…observed. Like you shouldn't be eating that entire bag of chips. (Spoiler: I did.)
  • 2:00 PM: Exploration time! Sidney, here I come! Or, at least, the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Strolled down to the nearest fast food joint. Found an unsettling amount of joy in my burger. Who knew a simple beef and bun could bring such happiness?
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the room. Nap time, the holy grail of travel. Woke up feeling vaguely disoriented. Guess the chips didn't quite do the trick.
  • 6:00 PM: Pizza. Pizza. Pizza. Delivered directly to the room, because adulting is hard and I deserved it. (Plus, those surveillance cameras were seriously judging.)

Day 2: Breakfast of Champions (and Disappointment)

  • 7:00 AM: Attempted The Continental Breakfast. Reader, I went in with hope. Visions of fluffy pancakes, glistening fruit, and maybe even… a decent cup of coffee. Reality? A slightly stale bagel, pre-wrapped rubbery scrambled eggs… and coffee that tasted suspiciously of burnt toast.
  • 7:30 AM: Stared longingly at the vending machine, contemplating the dignity of defeat. Decided to skip the sugar rush and bravely forged ahead.
  • 8:00 AM: I would go back to yesterday's pizza if I could.
  • 9:00 AM: Made the trek to the closest grocery store. My emotions are still raw, and I can't write in detail about what happened.
  • 12:00 PM: Reached my room, exhausted.
  • 1:00 PM: Nap time, again. The curse of travel.
  • 3:00 PM: Walked around. Found a small park. Stared at the water. I don't think I have an issue with the park, or the water.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I ordered the same pizza as the day before. Comfort. Familiarity. Victory.

Day 3: Departure and Existential Dread

  • 7:00 AM: Continental breakfast round two. This time, I knew what to expect. The burnt toast coffee, the rubber eggs, the slightly-stale bagel… all part of the experience. Was it the greatest meal? No. Did it fuel me? (Maybe.)
  • 8:00 AM: Packing. The art of cramming everything back into a tiny suitcase is always a fun challenge. (And by fun, I mean stressful.)
  • 9:00 AM: One last look at the room. Farewell, beige walls. Farewell, watchful cameras. Farewell, questionable coffee. I'll miss you, Sidney. (Maybe.)
  • 9:30 AM: Checkout. The front desk lady gave me a knowing look. She understood. She'd seen it all. I thanked her and made my way out.
  • 10:00 AM: The road. The journey. The existential dread of the next destination. Where to? What to do? Why am I even here?
  • 11:00 AM: Driving. Thinking. Remembering.
  • 12:00 PM: I had to stop and get another pizza.

Final Thoughts: Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney, OH. It wasn't perfect, but it was… an experience. A slightly-stained, slightly-burnt experience. Would I go back? Who knows. Maybe. Probably. The pizza was good. And hey, who knows what the future holds? Maybe the next time I'm in Sidney, I'll be ready for the coffee. Maybe. (Probably not.)

Grand Velas Riviera Maya: Paradise Found? (Playa Del Carmen's BEST All-Inclusive?)

Book Now

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Sidney, OH's "Best Kept Secret" - Days Inn & Beyond: FAQs (and My Ramblings)

Okay, okay, the Days Inn. Is it REALLY a "best kept secret"? Is the Sidney Days Inn REALLY worth the hype??

Hype? My dear friend, you're talking about *the* Days Inn of Sidney, Ohio! Look, "best kept secret" is a loaded phrase. It conjures images of hidden speakeasies and lost civilizations. This isn't THAT. This is... a Days Inn. In Sidney. However, it's REALLY hard to find a decent place to stay here, and the Days Inn, compared to other options, is, arguably, a pleasant surprise.

Here's the thing: it's clean. Relatively quiet (depending on your neighbors – more on THAT later). The staff is generally friendly, or at least adequately indifferent. They offer free breakfast (more on THAT later, too). So, "best kept secret"? Maybe not. "Surprisingly decent option in Sidney"? Absolutely.

Let's talk breakfast. I've heard... things. Is it edible? Is it just a "continental" excuse?

The "free breakfast." This is where things get interesting. I approach it with a healthy dose of skepticism. My first time? I remember walking in with a ravenous hunger, expecting, perhaps, a plate of scrambled eggs and some crispy bacon. Oh, sweet summer child.

It’s… a continental breakfast. You know the drill: the pre-packaged muffins that taste like something that could survive a nuclear winter. The questionable "eggs." The instant oatmeal that always seems to be either rock-solid or a watery slop. The coffee? Let's just say it's… caffeinated. But here's the crucial thing: *it's free.* And sometimes, you snag a decent, surprisingly fresh waffle. That waffle can revive your soul after the long day on the road.

My advice? Manage your expectations. But fill your belly. Don't expect gourmet, expect *sustenance*. And if there's a waffle, grab two. You'll thank me later.

The room! What's it actually *like*? Is the air conditioning a roaring beast, or a whisper of cool air?

Okay, let's be real. It's a motel room. You know the essentials: a bed (hopefully a comfortable one, though experiences can vary), a TV (hopefully with more than just the local news and religious channels), and a bathroom (hopefully, CLEAN). The decor is... well, it's functional. I've seen rooms with dated floral patterns that might be considered vintage if they weren't just *old*.

The air conditioning... ah, the AC. It can be dicey. Sometimes it's a roaring beast that sounds like a jet engine. Other times it whispers a pathetic plea for cooler air, offering a gentle breeze that mocks you in its inadequacy. I HIGHLY recommend checking it immediately. If it’s not working well, ask to move. It's worth the few extra minutes.

And the cleanliness? Pretty good, mostly. I *once* found a rogue hair that wasn't mine in the bathroom. That was a bit of a shocker, but hey... nobody’s perfect.

Okay, so let's say I'm *staying* at the Days Inn. What is there to DO in Sidney? What are these "hidden gems"?

Ahhhh, Sidney! The land of... well, it depends on what you're looking for. It's not exactly a bustling metropolis. But there ARE some hidden gems. Let me tell you a story….

First, the "I-couldn't-live-without-it" place: The Spot. Seriously, this is pure, unadulterated Americana. Think: burgers, fries, shakes, and friendly conversation. This diner has been around forever-- the vibe is truly nostalgic. The burgers are fantastic. The fries are perfect. Get the chocolate shake – it’s the best thing on the menu by a long shot. It’s a Sidney institution. Go. Go now.

The "Unexpected Delight":. The Historic Courthouse Square. Now, I'm a sucker for old buildings, and the Shelby County Courthouse is quite majestic. It's a beautiful building, especially at dusk. A great place for a walk on a nice evening, or just to take in some history.

And Finally: The Canal Trail I'm not an avid hiker, but it's a nice walk. It's quiet, peaceful, and a good way to unwind. Take a book, get some sun, and just relax. Sometimes, you need that.

Speaking of "hidden gems" Are there any restaurants in Sidney that are NOT chains!? Places only the locals know?

Ah, the holy grail of small-town travel: avoiding the soulless chains! Yes, Sidney has a few. But honestly, the choices are limited. *The Spot*, as I've said, is a MUST.

There's also a decent Mexican place, *El Rancho Grande*. It's nothing gourmet, but it'll fill you up with decent food and a few margaritas to unwind after your journey.

Again, not exactly a foodie paradise. But for casual fare, it's a win.

The Noise Levels. Is it a party motel? Or can you ACTUALLY get some rest?

Here's where things get a bit unpredictable. It *can* be noisy. I've had nights where the walls seemed paper-thin, and I could hear everything: the neighbor's TV (I'm pretty sure they were watching a show on the History channel), loud phone calls, and the occasional spirited... discussion... emanating from the room next door.

Bring earplugs. Seriously. Pack them. Especially if you're a light sleeper. You'll thank me. Also, try to get a room away from the road. It makes a huge difference. And pray you don't have a rowdy group in the rooms nearby. It's all luck of the draw.

The worst thing about the Days Inn? Give me the unvarnished truth!

The worst? Hmm... well, there are a few contenders. Sometimes, the internet is spotty. The breakfast, as we discussed, can be underwhelming. But honestly? It's the *potential* for noise. That, and sometimes the parking lot is just… ugly. If you’re really unlucky, it can be a bit like that scene in *Fargo* – all empty.

The location isn't amazing. You're notHotel Explorers

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Days Inn by Wyndham Sidney OH Sidney (OH) United States

Post a Comment for "Sidney, OH's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review & Hidden Perks!"